Monday, May 4, 2009

What's going on???

Recently I have been asking a lot of people why they don't go to Church or what they think of Christians. I keep getting a generic answer of it's boring or I don't think I really need to. But something inside of me wonders if there is really something more to their answer that they just don't want to share. I do understand some of the comments to my last post, and one I wanted to address directly was the Church being the body of Christ. I do agree with you. The Church should be the body of Christ, but I believe that the Church in America has gotten very mixed up in a few things. And I don't think non-Christians really see it that way. I guess really I am trying to get into peoples head...but really interested in those who once claimed to be Christians and now are not walking with the Lord.

I also think about a song by a group name "Addison Road" called "What do I know of Holy." I first heard this song at a Mercy Me worship event with this group there and it really hit me hard. I started really thinking about how we get really mixed up in the motions and words and we act and talk like we know who God is, but really do we even have the slightest idea of who He is? A lot of times I think we try to explain God in so many ways, which only really end up putting God in a box. Really my thought is that we can't really know what God is like or figure out everything He can do or how he does it.  I know that we do know things about God and his character...but really as the song says...

I’ve made you promises a thousand times
I’ve tried to hear from heaven but I talk the whole time
I think I made you too small, I’ve never feared you at all
If you touched my face would I know you?
Looked into my eyes could I behold you?

Chorus:
What do I know of you who spoke me into motion
Where have I even stood but the shore along your ocean?
Are you fire, are you fury
Are you sacred, are you beautiful
What do I know? What do I know of holy?

I guess I thought that I had you figured out
I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
How you were mighty to save
But those were only empty words on a page
Then I caught a glimpse of who you might be
The slightest hint of you brought me down to my knees

If you have thoughts to add please do. I love hearing other views and it constantly helps me keep thinking about things.

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I found that today we have

    "Christians" are people living in the world to the worlds standards and trying to fit Christ into there life where they think they need it.
    as opposed to
    Living as Christ in this world.

    They try to fulfill what the world says and fit Christ in and as a result send a huge confusing message to both the unbelievers and to the new believers. It also can cause serious harm in churches! The burned result being more people willing to translate the Word into what they want (ok for homosexuality, ok for abortions, ok for la de da) because they have a greater feeling of love from the world then the Christians.

    It's a battle we've faced over and over as we live in our life. To first be Christ, set apart from the world, we are to live in the world not be of it. So we are the odd ones..YEAH for weird!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.