Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fits and Fights

*Note* Keep in mind that I wrote most of this last night. Then was needed by a screaming child! So then I finished it this morning.

 

It seems like that is what's going on in the house right now. Fits from everyone and Fights from everyone. Jadelyn seems to be feeling left out. Liliana seems to be feeling left out. Scarletta seems to be feeling left out. Rayvena...she just feels fussy. It seems like eveyone feels left out and the way they deal with that is having fits and fighting. They love each other and they love me...so why are they throwing fits and fighting with each other? What happen to the polite little girls that eveyone talks about?

My favorite part of the day is meal time. Because it seems like there are almost no tantrums going on. It's a time when we sit down as a family and talk. We seems to have lots of great conversations and lots of funny sayings come out of my children's mouths. Such as today...I bought a frozen pasta meal...they were 2 for $3 so I thought why not! But as I made it I noticed it wouldn't feed all of us...then I also said to Darrel "I could have made this better myself." Meaning I could have made the same dish and it would have tasted better. Jadelyn after about 5 minutes says. "Mom. I really don't like this. Could you please just make it better? " Sometimes I just wish I could be in their heads and hear their thoughts!

I also love meal time because we spend some of our time reviewing our Bible verse and talking about what it means. Right now as a family we are memorizing John 1. I can just hear you all now...and yes you read right the whole chapter of John 1. Yesterday we started a new verse. Verse 16..."From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." I just think about all the blessings in my life. I think about my four little blessings that came one right after another. Even though they have fits and fight with each other they give me such joy everyday. So I love our Bible times not only because we are reading Gods word and having fun with it...but because our girls ask such great questions. Why did Jesus come to Earth? Why did Jesus die for us? And even though a lot of the questions are the same...I don't mind answering them. Because what a great thing to share with my girls than the love of Jesus. The fact that he came to die was for us! He came to save us from our sins. That with out his sacrifice there would be no way for us to go to God. I think of how I would give my life for my girls. I would die before I let anything happen to them. Jesus died for us so that we wouldn't have to die. And I think about how easy it would be for him to get out of it. He could have easily come down off the cross. He could have given into Satan's temptations. WOW! I think of all the fits I throw...and Jesus just keeps saying to me...I'm here for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.