Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Do you ever feel like me?

Do you ever feel like your life is falling apart? I know that sounds like my life must really be terrible...but it's really not. This last week or so has been hard for us. Having three sick girls and then being sick myself and then having a terrible headache (Headaches are not good when you have sick whining girls) and then being emotional and pregnant. Seems like a lot for me right now. I love everything about being pregnant. Maybe that is why I have been pregnant for half of our marriage. But when you get sick and your kids are sick it just feels like too much. I normally can handle being emotional...not sure Darrel always can. :)

But I was thinking today about how when I get to this point when I feel so overwhelmed...that's when I break down and get on my knees and cry out to God. But I started thinking today why don't I just cry out to God anyway when things aren't going wrong? Why do I always wait until things pile up on top of me? He always comes through for me in so many different ways, so why is it always my last resort? Seems like this is a habit I have had all my life and seems like a habit a lot of people have. We always wait to go to God until we think our life is falling apart. I wonder how much pain, heartache and trouble I could have avoided if I would have just gone to God in the first place. Probably a lot. I guess I will never know. But I want to make an effort to just go to God daily with my problems and everything else.

I have always loved Jeremiah 29:11. But lately I have been loving the two verses after that...

Jer 29:12-13
In those days when you pray, I will listen.
If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me.

He's there for us. If we pray to Him, He will listen. If we look for Him we will find Him. What a great thing to know. Now I just need to practice that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.