Monday, January 26, 2009

The Relentless Tenderness of Jesus

So I have been reading this book by Brennan Manning for sometime now. I seem to read it over and over. I am not really a big book reader, but this book I just love. To me it really showed me how God really is and how much He loves. That it's not about anything I can do or say or be...it's about who He is. He is love.

I think about how much I love my girls and what a joy they are to me. Everyday they do something that just makes my heart jump. They smile at me, and I know they love me. They don't need any reason to love me. They love me because I am their mom. And I don't need any reason to love them. They are my children. I think about God...how I have always needed some reason for Him to love me. I've always thought if I could just do one more thing, maybe that would win His love. If only I would have been better this week and wouldn't have sinned so much He would love me more. I strive to be perfect in His eyes, but the truth is I am never going to be perfect. I can never win His love. He simply loves me because I am His child. He knows that I am a sinner, He knows that I am not perfect. And yet He has loved me this whole time regardless of all my faults.

Lately I have really been seeing God in a different way. Much different that I saw Him when I was a child or a teenager. He's no longer that angry God who I need to earn His love. He is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.