Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Book Review: Voices of the Faithful, Book 2

Voices of the Faithful, Book 2
Beth Moore & Kim P. Davis

This is a daily devotional book, with a daily Bible verse, story from a missionary and prayer. Each month is given it's own theme and each story is a little encouragement or gives you a little push in that direction. At the beginning of each month is a little introduction from the "authors" that get you ready for that months theme.

At first I was a little disappointed with this book. I think it's because I was really looking for something that would take me a little deeper into the Word. Don't take this book as a substitute for studying the Bible. This book would be a great way to start off your day, just spending time reading a story from someone on the field.

I really enjoyed each story, and maybe it's because having lived overseas in the ministry I could really relate to some of what they were going through or had experinced. If you have spent time in missions or not you will enjoy each and every story from these missionaries.

I suggest you grab a cup of coffee and snuggle up in your blanket in the morning and just enjoy reading these stories and then spending some great time with God in prayer afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.